Growing food in the cold

RichardAC RichardAC

Growing food in the cold

Elliot Coleman lives in Maine and grows and provides fresh organic vegetables to his local community year-round.  The attached PDF tells how he got started and shares some of his thinking.  With food scarcity fast becoming a reality and severe winters hitting in lots of places, I thought this might provide some inspiration for folks to start becoming sustainable in a cold climate.

If you want further info, he has some really good books available which he quotes in his article.

garden_for_all_seasons.pdf

Namaste
Uwe Uwe

Re: Growing food in the cold

An excellent resource Richard. This is going to be very important in the time to come...probably sooner then many people might think. Here in the UK we had Winter since the end of October. Since the Gulf Stream has been severely stalled, or rather has been semi permanently disabled, growing your own food in wintry climates seems inevitable.
Only From The Heart Can You Touch The Sky.
-Rumi