Relaxing the Mind to activate the Heart

Xavier Hermes Xavier Hermes

Relaxing the Mind to activate the Heart

Another of those afternoon messages where I had absolutely no idea where it was going.  Enjoy!

----------------------------------
In this moment, right NOW, transformation is possible: indeed, this is true in each moment. That transformation is of the mind letting go, for it is the mind that puts up the many barriers and fears that shape, or mis-shape, our incarnated existence.  If we can find a way to relax the mind, it becomes possible, and far easier, to move beyond that which constrains.  It becomes far easier to connect with the greater wisdom of the heart, and start to live from the higher perspectives which heart knowing brings forward.

The human body is filled with what we might call ‘higher brain cells’.  Most of these are of a capacity, a capability, which greatly exceeds the actual cells of the brain. The greatest concentration of these higher brain cells is in the human heart.  There are more of these higher brain cells in the body as a whole than there are ‘ordinary’ brain cells in the brain. Thus, higher dimensional thinking is not the business of intellect, certainly not acting alone.  When partnering with the heart (the co-ordinating centre for this higher thinking ability), then yes – in fact, the heart will receive and unpack higher dimensional input, and the intellect will translate it into meaning that can be related to the context of living in a physical body.

This is why noting what you body feels, or how it responds to events and situations, is important.  It increases your awareness of this higher knowing function, and assists in the progressive task of bringing it forward.

Why is it that certain mind-relaxing substances are the focus of such aggressive need by ‘authority’ to ban, have a ‘war on..’ and general suppression?  It is true that ill disciplined use of drugs is dangerous or worse: and that many synthetic drugs are extremely damaging to both body and the incarnated persona.  But there are natural substances which, when properly facilitated, are both mind relaxing, and mind expanding – expanding the experiencer fully into the realm of heart-based knowing and thinking, and the enhanced facuties and visioning that goes with it.  This is why the ancient practice of shamanic journeying can be so profound.  It is common for these journeys to be ‘assisted’ by natural substances that are mind openers.

The huge promotion of synthetic drugs – often covertly by those who are publicly acting against them – has buried those natural substances in an avalanche of the unnatural and non-beneficial, promoted largely for money.  The natural are largely forgotten, the benefits of their use lost in a society more interested in gratification than in higher understanding.

This is not a recommendation for drugs – indeed, it is not necessary to deploy drugs at all. The same greatly expanded awareness can be achieved – for example – by certain deep breathing practices; or by groups working together to bring forward ‘group mind’ (a mind-relaxing method for each participant); or by certain uses of sound, ceremony and rhythm.

In this time when we are reaching for higher realms, with the intention of occupying a frequency of consciousness at the next harmonic up from where we are now, finding an appropriate mechanism to relax mind and open heart-knowing is one of the keys to this journey.

-----------------------
Interesting for me to receive this message, since I have no experience whatsoever with drugs - even in a shamanic journeying context.  Food for contemplation...

Love to all,

Peter
aka Xavier Hermes
Our task is to recognise our divinity as an immortal spirit: and to consciously manifest that divinity at the core of this physical incarnation.
Uwe Uwe

Re: Relaxing the Mind to activate the Heart

Hi Peter,

This is an interesting post. When I was in my youth I dabbled once or twice but never found what I was looking for. Then again, if memory serves, I didn't know in truth what I was looking for. I guess I was searching for a short-cut and another glimpse into the next world. On account of my experiences when I was young, I wanted to see more and more.

My dabbling came to an abrupt halt though because of my brother who's life was tragically cut short due to drug abuse. After that I had to do all things the old fashioned way and work for my Illuminations and discoveries. I naturally totally went off the idea to use drugs in a "meaningful Way", having witnessed the damage they can do to a weak and feeble mind.

Regarding certain natural mind-relaxing substances I especially remember the incredibly arresting works of Carlos Castaneda who said,

"...I prepared myself for six months, after that first meeting, reading up on the uses of peyote among the American Indians, especially about the peyote cult of the Indians of the Plains. I became acquainted with every work available, and when I felt I was ready I went back to Arizona."
~CARLOS CASTANEDA, Journey to Ixtlan (1972), in preparation for his first meeting with Don Juan following their initial bus station encounter six months earlier.

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/awakening101/carlos_datura.html

I however prefer to meditate to get the desired outcome's. Though it wont probably provide one with instant results (though it can!), it is a lot kinder on the body. Though somewhere within the deepest recesses of my mind I still harbour some sort of insipid but romantic notion regarding this very subject, the thought of me having to use drugs with the intention of gaining expanded awareness is untenable to me.

Love

Uwe

Only From The Heart Can You Touch The Sky.
-Rumi
risingheart risingheart

Re: Relaxing the Mind to activate the Heart

Hi Peter & Uwe,

Yes, I agree this is an interesting post. I also as a youth dabbled in marijuana and hash. This was a
preference opposed to drinking alcohol. I liked the feeling better. A few friends dabbled in other
stuff, but I only used those two. And, I usually, only used them on the weekends, because I truly
enjoyed where my head was at and preferred not to be involved with other things. I'd listen to
music or just go within. I'd have some great dreams as well. I felt my mind released barriers and
I wandered anywhere and expanded my creative imagination and consciousness.

I had to stop doing it for a few reasons and it wasn't because I chose to. I got very ill with
ulcerative colitis, where I had to be hospitalized. I thought best not to do it. Plus, I adopted a cat
and when I did smoke marijuana, my cat would get a contact high .... which was funny, but not
fair to her, because she didn't understand what was happening to her.

It was fun, but changes were necessary.

Though, what it did do, was that I wanted to feel that feeling of peace and blissfulness I felt
when using marijuana, so I read books and started meditating and felt comfort, but not that
intenseness. Meditating is more controlling for me, because I have tried to concentration on
what I had felt and what would happen is that my focus would stray to every day thoughts.
It had been very frustrating at times to say the least. I have learned to understand better
not to try and do anything, but just go within. And like I said, I do feel a comfort and peace,
but not to the extent of blissfulness. Maybe, in time it will be a surprising outcome.  A
transformation of the mind letting go. And, that's why I will never stop meditating because
I know where it can possibly lead me.

Oh, and Uwe, I read most of Carlos Castaneda's books.

Blessings and love,
Eleanor
Bring the healing of our deepest self, giving what is endless
to those who believe their end is in sight, by brightening
their path.

Re: Relaxing the Mind to activate the Heart

This post was updated on .
Yes, never really into the culture of 'mind-opening substances'.  Meditation does it for me, as well as certain music or sounds.  Once some friends and I put a human potential course together which included 24 hours alone in the wilderness.  After some tough hiking, this 24 hour time was like an implosion of mind and explosion of heart where the connection between every leaf on a tree, every little fishy in the stream and consciousness became one.  On re-gathering the group and talking about the experience, the first thing most people did when completely alone, was to take their clothes off and most everyone had either masturbated or experienced a spontaneous orgasm somewhere during the 24 hours.

So, seems like an orgasm by itself is a 'losing the mind' method (grin).  And that does not include the rest of the 'dance with nature'.  With Kundalini practice, this of course changes form completely.  I've never trusted any of the easily available tantric practices or courses.  Something just always feels a little 'off' because as a spiritual practice, it is so focused on the male.  But an alternative sexual 'losing the mind' method that few people explore, is called Karezza, which is often described as sexual meditation.

Music or sound or drumming or sound energetics is another practice that can put the mind aside.

In Africa there is the drumming which I've seen can whip people up into a screaming frenzy (if they are open to it), or make them fall into a somnolent sleepy state.  These are different from shamanic journeying in that they are usually in the open and there are no substances.  The energetics and resonances of the drums do it all and one can easily lose the mind.  I've watched some 'black deep church' with some of the care workers I employ and these gatherings are completely focused on losing the mind - mesmeric music, talented speakers with spellbinding age old messages of 'losing oneself', in this form 'in christ', revivalist style.  The perfect 'legalized' escape from surviving daily life which is hard for these folks.  The more chaos with people screaming and fainting and dancing and speaking in tongues and prophesies, the more successful the church service.  There is no mind in sight.

The sufi spiritual dervish dancers is another 'losing the mind' technique.  The spinning is said to balance chakras, hence the modern spin classes in gyms.   I've tried some spinning and it truly does do some kind of etheric body balancing.  Think of kids playing outside and simply spinning for fun until they fall over laughing.

Modern psychedelic rock of course is as good as a hit of good weed.

So what it is about 'mind' that needs to be 'set aside' or 'circumvented' in order for a real person to emerge?  or for Heart or Spirit to find space to emerge?  Mind is the one aspect of us that has been trained by schools, society, family, expectations of how to be.  What would then be the place of 'mind' in our lives if it was not subverted from young?  I find that in daily life still I use mind, and stop from time to time to ask from spirit or from intuition or from heart.  This process still has to 'invert', so that I can live in spirit and intuition, and ask from mind answers to technical and practical issues of life.  For me, substances to suppress mind does not fit, although it may well for others, or for specific ritual or celebratory happenings.

Dr.Druid Dr.Druid

Re: Relaxing the Mind to activate the Heart

Thanks for this information, it resonates completely and that's what counts for me.

I would just like to mention that I've had interesting results off Amphetamine which of course would be classed as a pharmaceutical abomination and I would agree, on some levels. Due to it's nature it allows me focus for hours and also puts me in a kind of fasting state the following day.

I once used a sheet of paper to see the aura of my hand, this then turned into one of the most amazing inter dimensional experience I've ever had, it completely changed my life on all levels.

So my experience is telling me to at least share this for your own consideration.

Namaste

Be The Change

Re: Relaxing the Mind to activate the Heart

I have all this list of things that I need to write but seems as if I don't get to formal writing.  Here is some guidance that needs to be further developed and written.

In the etheric bodies, the 'mental' body is not complete.  Part of the changes that we are undergoing, is for the mind to meld with the mental body.  That is the right place for it to be.  It will then be one of the etheric bodies that communicate in its right place, through the chakras connecting our system of etheric bodies, with universe.  The heart is taking over as the system of intelligence.  It is generally accepted that this is a feminine force.  It is more than that.  It is an integrated masculine/feminine whole .. like the yin/yang concept one step up in frequency - there is no duality.

The chakra that is found if one lifts your arms up, over the head, about where the fingers touch, 12 inches or so, is the chakra that is going to be, or in the process of being, the chakra that heart predominantly communicates through.  If you do this, lift your arms and feel with your fingers almost at full arm extension, you will feel this developing chakra.  It has different names in different systems but is generally known as the Grand Portal.  I cannot quite remember the process that I followed to open this chakra but I have it somewhere ... I'll find it and post it here.  This process for me was like taking a mind-altering substance.

So, the part of this guidance still to be developed and written, is how the current chakra system is changing.  Barbara Brennan (Hands of Light) is doing much work to chronicle the development of the energetic bodies and chakras in this stage of anodyne and post ascension.
risingheart risingheart

Re: Relaxing the Mind to activate the Heart

Hi Christa,

This is great information. I look forward to how to process the opening of this chakra (Grand Portal).
And, also look forward to the rest of the information on how we are changing and developing  our
current chakra system. I'm going to check out Barbara Brennan. Is it a website or a book that she
has written?

The first time I ever heard of the Grand Portal was through James Neruda's interviews and his
writings. He had stated that was what we were striving to achieve through our ascension. I just
never realized that it was going to be a new chakra above our heads that we would be communicating
through our hearts. I truly appreciate this information.