Spiritual Art

This post was updated on .
Touch Drawing - One of my passions

In her touch drawing, Deborah Koff-Chapin gives us a visual representation of the soul and divine spirit - a visual feast of that, which we are in the process of becoming.  One of the easiest methods of visual creative work to enter into, you will soon create a representation of your inner being.  A different kind of meditation.   Try it!

risingheart risingheart

Re: Touch Drawing - One of my passions

Hi Calico,

Touch drawing is amazing. I gather, she imprints what she images on the paper from a smear of paint on the canvas. I wonder how she does it with different color spectrums. I clicked on "toch drawing" and screen stated it couldn't be found.

I really appreciated this thank you.

Namaste
Bring the healing of our deepest self, giving what is endless
to those who believe their end is in sight, by brightening
their path.

Re: Touch Drawing - One of my passions

Oops, I fixed that link Eleanor and it works now.  Take a look, the one of touch drawing is really an amazing journey.

I've not worked extensively with color, only with one color at a time.  I've just started learning how to work with color.  Basically one uses a brayer roller to roll the oil paint onto a very smooth surface, like glass, then place a specific kind of paper (I use newsprint) on it, and then, in a quiet and meditative state, you let your fingers do the walking and draw from your heart.  Frequently one cannot see what you are drawing, so, you almost 'blind' your normal sight, to access the deeper, inner sight.  It is quite quick, because one has to work before the paint on the smooth surface dries.

It is also a fun process to do with a group.

Love to you!
risingheart risingheart

Re: Touch Drawing - One of my passions

Hi Calico,

Thanks for fixing the link. I'm so fascinated by it. I added the link to my favorites.

I not to good painting with a brush, but I always like the idea of painting. It may be because I had a friend or two that were very good artist. I put my hand to it being enthusing, but, I didn't have the magic. That's what I call it. I love fine arts and landscapes. This isn't painting, but I love Rodin's sculptures.

So, since you have been doing this touch painting, why not put one on this post. I'd love to see your work as well. It would appear to me that it would be a good vehicle in learning to go within to create and put it on paper.

If I can get the material together and it's not be costly and may seriously consider trying it.

Love to you, too.

Bring the healing of our deepest self, giving what is endless
to those who believe their end is in sight, by brightening
their path.

Re: Touch Drawing - One of my passions

Dear Eleanor, it is not very expensive.  All you really need to start, is a piece of glass (with with the edges smoothed), a brayer roller, one tube of student grade oil paint - traditionally this technique used black only, and a stack of newsprint.  You will soon find yourself saving up for more oil paints in different colors.  The oil paint is the most expensive, but the student grade is not too bad.

Place yourself in a calm place, and sit comfortably, perhaps behind a table with a chair at the correct height ... experiment first.  Perhaps with some soul music ... breathe .. squeeze a blob of oil paint on the glass ... smooth it with the brayer roller all over the glass (a medium hard one, they are not expensive and you find them in most art shops), lay a sheet of newsprint over the paint (quickly) place your hands on, and draw ... fingers, nails, palms, whatever.... start with a circle, or a half circle... place both your hands on the paper and start with doing the same movement with both hands.  Do whatever you want ... do not have a 'destination' in mind ... do what comes ... and stay with the process ...

And then, do it again .. squeeze some more paint, roll it on, lay your paper, and draw with your fingers.

It is nice to do it outside if possible ... Have a few clothes pins (pegs we call them here) on hand and once you feel the paint going dry and you feel it is enough, lift your newsprint and hang it on your normal washing line ... It is so exciting to see the first drawing.  Sometimes you work fast and can do 3 or 4 with the same layer of paint.   For me, my whole sense of vision shifts and I've done upwards of 30 'paintings' in one sitting.  Let them dry, choose the ones you like most and toss the rest.

I now have 3 pieces of glass and move from the one to the other, taking my dry painting with, and adding color.  I've also experimented with adding color to the drawing with big fat kid's wax crayons.  Next thing for me, is to add water color or gouache to my creations.

It is a lovely process .. no-one to criticize, no one to tell you 'how to do art'.  Just the satisfaction of putting a piece of your soul on the paper.  The experience grows out of body sensations and flow of energy.  Look at the paper, keep your focus in the moment .. perhaps a little crease in the paper will create a shape in the mind, and the fingers will follow.  Be completely in the present moment.

Once you 'get' the process, invite a friend or two, make a pot of tea and create together.

Afterwards you can talk about what you've created in a soul nourishment way.

Namaste
risingheart risingheart

their path.
Uwe Uwe

Re: Touch Drawing - One of my passions

I have known of her work for some time, and am an ardent fan of her Soulcards (1+2). I used to give them away as presents. The language of those cards are strangely compelling and very addictive.
Only From The Heart Can You Touch The Sky.
-Rumi

Re: Touch Drawing - One of my passions

Those soul cards speak a language that I do not understand in this reality.  But I do understand it.
Here is deck one
And here is deck two.
And my favorite out of deck two ... The Fool, all over again

Uwe Uwe

Re: Touch Drawing - One of my passions

They are beautiful aren't they. As a reader i find deck one more compelling and intuitional, but i guess that is down to personal preference.

I also love the works of Carol Herzer. Maybe you are familiar with her name.

http://www.soul-guidance.com/tarotdecks/cosmoastrotaro.htm

http://www.soul-guidance.com/tarotdecks/page_5.htm
Only From The Heart Can You Touch The Sky.
-Rumi
risingheart risingheart

Re: Touch Drawing - One of my passions

HI Calico,

I have Tarot Cards and have been in the process of learning  how to read them. My sister had done Tarot Card readings. I found it interesting on how the interpretation of the cards pick were so accurate. So, I decided to pay the cards, book and CD.

I personally like deck two.

Namaste
Eleanor
Bring the healing of our deepest self, giving what is endless
to those who believe their end is in sight, by brightening
their path.
risingheart risingheart

Re: Touch Drawing - One of my passions

Hi Redrose.

I really like the first deck of Carol Herzer's Tarot Cards.

Eleanor
Bring the healing of our deepest self, giving what is endless
to those who believe their end is in sight, by brightening
their path.

Re: Touch Drawing - One of my passions

What a wonderful riot of color and shape.  One can disappear in there for a few hours easily.  Thanks for those Redrose.  I really like them.

Bone Sigh Arts

The current home page feature is from Bone Sigh Arts.  A bunch of nice watercolor stuff with snatches of poetry from the heart - a very creative family.  If you have a little while to spend somewhere, this site is worth it.

Uwe Uwe

Re: Bone Sigh Arts

Portal MerKaBa

Tree of Life

Only From The Heart Can You Touch The Sky.
-Rumi

Our own Uwe D'rose

This post was updated on .
Deprecated from the home page for December 2009, our own Uwe D'rose -

I'm listening to an older album from Landmarq called Science of Coincidence and simply loving Uwe's guitarwork - my kind of rockin'. And then, in move that shows his diversity as an artist, some Persion Folk Fusion by a band called Kooch.
In addition to musical adventures, Uwe is a Clairvoyant Medium, Quantum Touch Healer and Reiki Master. We are fortunate to have him contribute to manifesting our collective divinity.

Lady of the Woods Lady of the Woods

Re: Spiritual Art

I've never heard of this kind of artwork and I adore it! Thank you for introducing this !
blessings
LadyoftheWoods
"Credendo Vides"
By Believing, One Sees.

Re: Spiritual Art

It is a pleasure.  I do love it as well.
Lady of the Woods Lady of the Woods

Re: Spiritual Art

I didn't know where to put this so I chose this topic. Its a ''form'' of hand art.

"Credendo Vides"
By Believing, One Sees.