The Architecture of Community

Here is my favorite american commentator on how we build our cities and structures to *not* live together in peace and harmony and focused on sustainability.  I'm convinced that Jim Kunstler drinks drinks sour wine for breakfast and he has gravel in his turn of phrase :-).

An excerpt from his last blog.

"Suburbia is now cratering, both as a repository of wealth in real estate and as a practical matter of everyday existence.  They get that the energy crisis and all its implications are real and that our response to it had better be deft.  They understand that the capital resources we thought we had for Big Projects are flying into a black hole at the speed of light. Mostly they see that he time for "cutting edge" fashionista techno-triumphalist grandiosity is over."